Reserving gorilla permits in Rwanda is a timely manner and a ticket for your visit to the mountain gorillas in the Virunga volcanoes.
Gorilla tracking in Rwanda is carried out in Volcanoes national park and the gorilla permits reservations are managed by the Rwanda Development Board. A gorilla permit in Rwanda cost $750 per permit per day. In a single day, only 80 people are allowed to visit the gorilla which implies that there is an availability of 80 permits per day. A maximum of 8 people are allowed to visit a given habituated gorilla group on each day and allowed to spend a maximum of one hour with the gorillas.
Gorilla permits are ever on a high demand throughout the year just because of the stiff completion and as a result they get fully booked with payments on fist come first serve basis. Therefore advised to book gorilla permits in advance in order to avoid disappointments.
To visit the mountain gorillas, you must to have booked a day’s permit and booked in advance at least 6 months before the tracking date mainly in the peak season of June to September and December to February or at least 1-3 months in the low seasons of October to November and March to May.
When planning for gorilla tracking in Rwanda during the period of November, December and early next year, all you need is too book your gorilla permit right now in order to avoid disappointments when they are fully booked.
The Rwanda development Board wants all tourists to enjoy their visits to Rwanda and more so the incredible and memorable experience while with the gorillas. Make arrangements now so that you avoid disappointments while on the land of a thousand hills- Rwanda. Gorilla trekking in Rwanda is carried out in Parc Nationale des Volcanoes
Booking Gorilla permits through a tour and travel agent
Most tourists who organize gorilla safaris to East Africa (Rwanda) book their permits through tour companies and all of them say that reserving gorilla permits through a local tour agent in Rwanda is simple, saves time and less tiresome than booking permits directly through the Rwanda Development Board.
Tour operators tend to make the process faster there by getting a gorilla permit confirmed in a short period of time than the booking it direct from the Rwanda development Board. Below is the process on how to book the gorilla permits through a tour agent.
- Contact us; prior to making a gorilla permit booking, you’re supposed to let us know about your travel dates in which you want to have a safari to Rwanda with the Exact dates you may want to track the gorillas.
- After getting informed about your travel dates, we let you know about the availability of gorilla permits on those particular dates and then request you to make a deposit on the safari cost so that we secure the gorilla permits.
- The deposit is made on the bank details provided to you and payments may either be done through a Bank wire transfer or Charging a credit card. Both methods of payments take 3-4 days for the money to reach our account.
- Once the money reaches our account or is processed, we shall notify you acknowledging receipt of the money. In case you pay by credit card, there is 5% bank charges, and in case you pay by bank wire transfer, there are USD30-40 bank charges.
- You also need to send us your passport details (Name, Number and nationality) which are needed to be printed on the gorilla permit.
- We shall then reserve your gorilla permits upon the receipt of the deposit and later send you scanned copies of the permits.
Getting a Rwanda gorilla permit is not a guarantee of anyone to see the gorillas, but on the other hand, there almost 98% chances of meeting gorillas while trekking.